Thread: Expo spoils ??
View Single Post
Old 06-14-04, 09:44 AM   #30 (permalink)
I would have loved to make it to the Toronto show this time around but, due to moving this week, I had to pass

I was only at one show before this, and I have to say "Sellers, take heart!"

I would have liked to have had money to burn last time and bought some animals, but I just picked up bedding and rodent food. I talked to a few sellers and they were somewhat disappointed by sales. The thing is, I walked out of there with half a dozen business cards, from people I fully intend to purchase animals from in the next year.

The show is a great place to see samples of all kinds of animals, then ooh and ahh over them, and decide you have to have one.

If you're a seller, don't feel disappointed that you didn't move a lot of animals. Focus on making that connection with the people that come to look at your table, and encourage their interest. Find out something about the buyer too.

How did they find out about the show? Do they have any other reptiles? Or hang out on any community sites?

If they're new, or don't know about this site, put the address on the back of your card, along with your username. Bring them into the community. When the time is right for them to purchase, chances are they'll remember you. And they'll also be better educated in the care of their animals

Now if only I could win the lottery this week and make some of you very happy
Login to remove ads