View Single Post
Old 06-10-04, 10:12 AM   #12 (permalink)
Gary D.

Send a message via MSN to Gary D.
Actually it was a series of radio plays first, then books, radio plays again, and then television, and then a few more books.

It truly has a cult following, those of us who follow it frequently can be found alluding to it in one way or another. For example my number on by race bike and the scout group I participate in are both number 42 for it's significant role in the story.

As long as individuals like Adams' editors Peter Guzzardi and Sue Freestone along with other close friends (and maybe a Python member or two) get involved it should be great. Adams' last book "The Salmon of Doubt" was published one year after his death, and was compiled from random bits and pieces which had been written while he was alive. As long as such comitted friends and family are involved I'm not in the least concerned. I also agree that there is no wrong way to tell it as Douglas himself has written various conflicting versions, so a few changes and discrepencies are a part of the continuity which makes complete sense in a Douglas Adams sort of way. Just as long as it's funny as he**, I'm all for it.

Must be thursday...

GD
Have you tried the IGUANA? I hear it's great. IGUANA kabobs for all !!! EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA ... This message brought to you by ssEATYOURIGUANAss.com

Last edited by Gary D.; 06-10-04 at 11:15 AM..