View Single Post
Old 06-09-04, 04:48 AM   #162 (permalink)
Ack, I was going to touch on some other subjects, but it's late and I have to be up in 5 hours. Anyway, the main point I wanted to get across is that the Internet and direct selling bring up a lot of issues you don't find through more conventional methods. Also, as a smaller business without separate sales, marketing, and customer service departments, you're going to have to take on some of these responsibilities yourselves if you want to remain competitive. Herps is a growing market, and it's only going to get more and more competitive so you're going to want to capture as much market share while you still can. Just a few small things now could mean the difference between selling all your offspring every year for years to come (perhaps even at a higher prices, since the higher demand would allow for it), or having to liquidate everything at cost or lower just to get rid of them.

Anyway, I hope people found what I've had to say useful. If you do, let me know and I'll post some more stuff tommorow. I love herps and am grateful that there's such a great selection in Canada, which I often find not to be the case when buying specialized legacy computer hardware. I sincerely hope you herp breeders all do well in both your herp-keeping and in business. Keep bringing the rest of us great animals! Not to mention, I'd really like Jeff to reply to my E-mail ;P
1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 1.9 Normal Ball Pythons, 0.1 African House Snake, 1.0 Savannah Monitor, 0.0.1 Argentinian Horned Frog