View Single Post
Old 06-07-04, 09:55 AM   #19 (permalink)
I only meant to make replies available in the specially designated "waste of time ads" forum. Responding to these may cause the person who is attempting to sell to correct the problems with their ads. Any abuse they may get in the mean time they likely deserve.

As far as I'm concerned attempts to auction off animals fit into that classification because if you are serious about selling the animal you really should already know what it is worth. FOR SALE Ads should not be a vehicle for testing the waters when it comes to the value of the animals you have, look at what other people are charging if you want to know that.

Once you've figured out what it's worth set your price in the high if you are only willing to part with it for top dollar or set it low if you just want to move it out. It's as simple as that, yet I keep seeing the same animals advertised by the same people who are just "taking offers". These guys need their own little corner to sit in until they figure out this whole commerce thing and some replies to their incomplete sales pitches should force them to either make up their damn minds or slink away in shame, either way the classifieds would actually contain animals for sale instead of half thought out clutter.
I feel a little light headed... maybe you should drive...