Thread: Opinions Needed
View Single Post
Old 06-02-04, 03:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to spidergecko
There is a lot of stuff I want to say but I think most of it is appropriate for the BOI and not here. So I will tread carefully.

I think you are in the right about the current deal. I think the money he gave you is yours and that you are probably entitled to the entire amount you agreed upon. However, after reading the BOI, he may have truly thought he shouldn't trust you. That is his entitlement.

Strictly my opinion: I think returning the money to him is only a case of good business sense, only because this young guy now has a new forum he can vent on about you. Whether the entire readership of the BOI agrees with you and thinks hes a big loser, it's YOU who has another mark on your record of an unhappy customer. It doesn't matter if things clear up or not. Bringing the question here also allows a larger number of people to read the BOI they may never have known existed. More people see your name with a slight negative.

I don't think your a bad guy. You're probably really nice. I don't even know you (I don't think) but reading something negative about someone only makes people leary. You need to get some good reviews on the BOI about you. It might take 10 or more to recover and that might mean 100 or more "crow eating" sessions on your part to get those 10. You might start by returning the money then asking the guy to post on the BOI that you're a good guy and are willing to return deposits/prepayment at the drop of a dime.

Ask yourself if the $80 + work is really worth that mark against you on the BOI (and even here for those ssnakes members reading the BOI). As I said, it's all my opinion. It is something I would do to save face. You may feel differently but I'm sure whatever choice you make is going to be the right one.

Last edited by spidergecko; 09-03-05 at 06:04 PM..