View Single Post
Old 06-01-04, 06:20 PM   #124 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to Jeff_Favelle Send a message via MSN to Jeff_Favelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff_Favelle
I think that it's not possible to be a business person and a hobbyist. To survive you have to look at your collection in a different way, than say, a person with 3 cornsnakes. But this is semantics and it doesn't really matter what I think, so you can just skip over the rest of the post, if you like.
Well said, but I totally disagree, LOL!

To me, that's like saying that Jarome Iginla can't go play street hockey as a hobby and enjoy it because he plays in the NHL for a living. Or a commercial fisherman can't go fly-fishing as a hobby on the weekends. Or a video game developer/artist can't play Xbox or Playstation anymore because he does it for a living. That's totally ludicrous as far as I'm concerned. Just because I have a bunch of snakes that reproduce and sell for coin, doesn't mean that I can't be a hobbyist. The two are NOT mutually exclusive.

I totally get what you're saying about the "primarily" part Vanan. For sure. I see it with the Ball market. Its not a bad thing (hey, to each their own), but I totally agree with you that there are TWO separate people investing into the industry in that sense. Good pick-up. I forgot about that aspect.