Thread: Ignorant!
View Single Post
Old 05-07-04, 05:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to Lrptls Send a message via MSN to Lrptls
i'v only done 2 presentations so far in my school and although its only been for 9-12th grade i have tought alot of them more than they would have ever have known about snakes. they begged me and begged me not to do it, tried so hard to convince me not the bring them because they were al afraid. then you know what happend...i got the snakes there, i spilled some information about them and i got every one to touch them, half the people even held them. i get askd constantly in school how they are or if i have any new ones, even by people who didn't get to see them. my school is very small and this was quite an impact on it, turnd alot of people to be more interested in snakes.
i think doing this for even younger people would help even more, i would push this if i were you. i love kelly's idea about doing presentations to the school admin and maybe even the parents so they can see it will be educational, but should be fun for the kids. keep trying and good luck
0.0.1 tentacled snake, 0.1 brazilian rainbow boa, 0.0.1 black blood python, 1.0 jampea reticulated python, 1.1 yellow anacondas, 1.1 emerald tree boas, 3.1 BCIs, 1.1 ball pythons, 1.0 tiger salamander, 1.1 african giant millipedes, 0.0.2 cockatiels, 2.1 ferrets, 3.0 pet rats, some fish and more
Login to remove ads