Thread: recent bust?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-04, 10:18 AM   #27 (permalink)
marisa

Send a message via ICQ to marisa Send a message via MSN to marisa Send a message via Yahoo to marisa
Actually it was mentioned in almost every single news source that a child had been removed. I have it right here in my paper.

Even IF the child was not removed and the news sources are all wrong, the artciles mention the following pets:

Snakes (boas, pythons, King snakes)
Iguanas
Chameleons
Monitor Lizards
Cayman
Scorpions
Tarantulas
Hedgehogs
Ferrets
Prairie dogs
Wallaby
Turtles
Coatamundi
Hyrax
Pigeons
Cockatiels
Mynah Birds

You really think ANYONE who is not lisenced in some way should have this many animals and of this type? Wallabys, Cotamundi, Caimens and moniters? I am sorry some of you may personally know this person, but they did something wrong. Another qoute which is the same in all my news sources:

"One of the largest removals of its type undertaken by the Ontario SPCA"

Another
"removed approximately 200 animals "

"discovered animals in cages throughout the two-story farmhouse in extremely unsanitary and poor living conditions."

I am sorry. Anyone who thinks these calaber of animals can be housed properly in a two story farmhouse has problems. Lets even assume its a giant house...then why the disgusting conditions?

They simply got in over their head and didn't know when to say no. Which is why after almost five years of reptile ownership, I still own less than 20 reptiles. Its called self control, knowing your limits and being honest with yourself.

Not only has this person suffered the loss of her "pets" but she has succesfully put HORRIBLE attention on those of us who AREN'T animal hoarding and who actually follow the "rules" I mentioned above about knowing personal limits. Thanks for the bad press lady!

Marisa