View Single Post
Old 05-03-04, 07:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thanks Jeff. Very good points. I guess i need to clarify a couple things.
1. The form is not intended as a permission slip for parents. I have a separate one for that, just as I have a separate one for training. It is intended for the useof the Principal of a school or the like.
2. The statement was phrased that way by the lawyer. I thought it a bit odd as well, but it means that at no time will any person compramise control of the animal (i.e. if someone runs up and grabs it).
3. This is very true. That is why i do not generally perform these programs. And with an uncontrolled crowd, someone who was not even there could try to sue you.
4. I have also had to turn down programs due to insurance issues. Luckily I don't deal with much corporate. Most of my programs are for state and federal government entities.

This is by no means meant as a catch-all release. It was specifically designed for school shows. It is not really much use to those that do hundreds of programs a year as many variations and other forms are likely needed. But it is a nice CYA for the private keeper that is asked to bring snakes into their kid's class
I planted some bird seed. A bird came up. Now I don't know what to feed it.