View Single Post
Old 04-21-04, 01:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Send a message via Yahoo to Auskan
What's so hilarious about those posts is that if the ferret and the snake both escaped its more likely the "poor, defenceless ferret" would eat the snake - not the other way around!!! Well, I guess some of it depends on the size of the snake, but the ferret is from the weasel family and weasels are snake killers. I've seen video footage of a weasel killing a 6-8' long cobra.

I keep mice, rats and snakes all in the same room (same as Vengeance - I'm in an apartment so I have no choice). As long as you are responsible and keep the needs of all pets in mind, which includes providing them all with secure enclosures, I can't see a problem. In the event that you have a snake escapee (no-one ever plans it, but it does happen) you would want to keep the ferret (or other small furry animal) contained, or out on a leash rather than giving it free range, until the snake had been recovered, but that's just common sense.
0.1 Ball Python, 0.1 Creamsicle Cornsnakes, 1.0 Amelanistic Cornsnake, 1.0 Ghost Cornsnake, 1.0 Motel Amelanistic Cornsnake, 1.0 Okeetee Cornsnake, 0.1 Striped Amelanistic Cornsnake, 0.1 Silver Phase Miami Cornsnake, 0.1 Sunglow Cornsnake