View Single Post
Old 04-12-04, 06:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
NiagaraReptiles's Avatar
Join Date: Aug-2002
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 672
You'll need a US import export permit (and will need to renew it annually), and if you are transporting them yourself across the border, you will need a designated port exemption permit. Any animal entering or leaving the US must be sent through a designated port (there are only around 10 I think). An inspection ($55 cost) needs to be booked two days in advance with USF&W. There is also a declaration for called a 3-177 that you will need to fill out as well.

All of the above applies for CITES listed animals as well, except you have to throw in the cost of CITES application, time for application to clear and be returned to you, and a little more hassle at the border if you are clearing them yourself.

Hope to have helped a little.

NiagaraReptiles is offline