View Single Post
Old 04-07-04, 01:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Site Supporter
Join Date: Mar-2003
Location: Etobicoke
Age: 42
Posts: 176
Thanks is hard. The cat's name is Katey. I gave her to my mother eight years ago and am very attached to her. I was sitting on a friend's patio, when she came flying down from the 7th floor balcony of the building beside us. Someone had tried to drown her and then threw her off the balcony. She had a broken jaw, fractured face and multiple other broken bones. I knew I would not be able to afford all the vet's bills she was going to need and decided the best place for her was with my mother. For a cat that's been through so much....what a great personality. I am still hoping for the best, but it's very doubtful that the biopsy will tell us anything new.

As for monkey, obviously it's hard. I don't want to lose her, but also don't want to keep her alive in pain if there is no chance that she will get better. I will be making an appointment with the Vet for the end of next week to discuss her progress (if any), and will then have to come to a decision. I am also going to be asking the Vet about what I have heard and what I suspect. We will see what she says.

Rebecca, as for your dog.....from what I understand some types of animals are pre-disposed to having this type of cancer and some are not. I don't know about dogs, it wasn't mentioned...but I am going to try and get more information from my mother's vet. Where do you give the injections? If you are concerned, run the idea past your Vet and see what he/she says.

Bringing color to your collection.....
ICULIZARD is offline