View Single Post
Old 03-22-04, 04:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
Send a message via ICQ to K1LOS Send a message via AIM to K1LOS Send a message via MSN to K1LOS Send a message via Yahoo to K1LOS
Indeed, the zoo is completely at fault for the escape of the gorilla. Unfortunate that the zoo hadn't thought out a plan and had tranq's close by. The cops did what they felt was just, and in their mind ended a bad situation.

However, in my probably not widely accepted way of thinking, I'd say the life of one gorilla is worth that of several humans. People are going to be around for a LONG time and we are in no real danger. Gorilla's however, are extremely at risk. Not only was the life of the gorilla in the zoo taken, but where is this zoo going to get another gorilla to replace it? I really hope they don't take a second life of an endangered species, and capture one from the wild.

anybody know if there are any gorilla's being placed back into the wild through breeding programs and the like?

1.1 Map Turtles, 1.0 Florida Red Belly Turtle, 0.0.1 Musk Turtle, 1.1 Leopard Geckos, 1.1 Bearded Dragons, 1.0 BCI, 1.0 Airedale Terrier