View Single Post
Old 03-18-04, 11:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
Originally posted by Double J
Here is my issue here......

If a guy attempts suicide after watching "Passion of the Christ" and reading the bible.... people just think he is crazy and that is that.

But if someone attempts suicide after playing a violent video game or watching a movie... or listening to heavy metal... people freak out and want to ban the stuff because of its apparent "influence"

Nobody ever comes out and says religious things should be banned when someone emulates them amidst insanity... so why do people go ape over things when they involve music or video games..... Double standard maybe??????

I think Chris Rock said it best...
"Whatever happened to crazy?"

I think people will do crazy things regardless of the media they are exposed to... whether it be the bible, video games, or music.
It doesn't make a difference. If sesame street was the only thing available for anyone to watch, they would say that oscar the grouch told them to kill somebody.

Double J
Well said, i totally agree with you.

It's funny how this whole thing works, people usually complain about metal and how violent it is, but at the same time they fail to see how bloody and visceral religion can be, just look at the bible itself, 30% of that book is based on murder, disease and violence, the symbol of Jesus Christ itself nailed to a cross is an extreme example of it.

I've heard of parents prohibiting their children to play a violent video game or watching a violent cartoon because of sex and violence, but at the same time, they have a half naked man nailed to a cross, bloody and cut up sitting in their living rooms.

Kinda weird how SOME people's perception gets difused and twisted when religion gets involved, i am 100% sure that if that man was caught nailed to that cross wearing a Marilyn Manson shirt this whole thing would be going Bananas and Manson himself would be covered in law suits by the end of the week.

I don't think it should be that way...just my .02 cents.
"Your heart understands what your head cannot yet conceive; trust your heart."