Thread: Photo hosting??
View Single Post
Old 02-27-04, 07:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Send a message via ICQ to Youkai Send a message via AIM to Youkai Send a message via MSN to Youkai
It seems to me that the photohosting thing here is more of a way of soliciting donations. I find this a little confusing because either this site is a business that sells products or services to a group of customers or it's a sort of community bulletin board that isn't profit oriented and genuinely needs those who use it to support it. It's not for me to decide which of these this site is but it certainly can't be both at the same time.

Maybe I've misunderstood something here and the motives of the owners of this site aren't to sell anything or make money but to run a community site for us all to share. If that's the case then it's probably more appropriate to charge a membership fee than to hope people will buy something they don't need or wouldn't ordinarily have to pay for.
I don't think you have any idea how much money Jeff and Shane pay out of their pockets to keep this site going. You may not realize it, but keeping a site going like this is <i>expensive.</i>

I'm sure more people would complain about a membership fee (EVERYONE would NEED to purchase one) than the photo hosting.

If you know somewhere where you don't have to pay for it, then go there and don't harp on the site.

You need to understand that Bandwidth = MONEY THAT IS PAYED OUT OF THE OWNERS POCKETS. If everyone could upload as many photos as they wanted....well, I'm sure you can understand how that would be.

They've graciously allowed 1MB per member...if you want more, go elsewhere or donate to the site to get more space. But don't get mad at them for having to find a way to pay for the site so that YOU can keep using it, but don't HAVE to pay for it...
I am highly prized for my meat. :eb:
Login to remove ads