View Single Post
Old 02-15-04, 02:28 AM   #93 (permalink)
Forum Moderator
Send a message via MSN to Andy_G
I sent something to Mr Laidlaw, although it isn't much, I did touch upon something that nearly nobody touches upon when debating about the keeping of reptiles, allergies. Like i said, it's not much, but I hope it helps a bit.

Hello Mr Laidlaw,

Wnat proof do you have that most reptile keepers keep their animals incorrectly? I will not lie and say that every single person that owns a reptile takes proper care of it, but is this not the same as the keeping of "domesticated" animals? There are some people that care for dogs or cats incorrectly, but does that give anyone the right to punish those that care for them properly and love these animals by strictly prohibiting the ownership of them?I sir, think not.

Another question that comes to mind is, what about the people that are allergic to any animal with fur, feathers, or nearly any animal that swims(such as myself)? What are they supposed to do? Get rid of the only animals they can own and love because a extremely small amount of people keep them improperly?

I find the whole idea of banning the keeping of reptiles is absurd, partially due to what I have mentioned above, and I am sure that most people who are fairly knowledgeable about reptiles(not saying that you are not) would agree with me.

Thank you for your time.