View Single Post
Old 02-13-04, 12:01 PM   #85 (permalink)
Wuntu Menny
Send a message via MSN to Wuntu Menny
Hmmm.. I guess It took me too long to hit submit. This was supposed to follow Seamus' last post. D'oh!

And herein lies one of the biggest hurdles...finding that middle ground that both satisfies the media's thirst for sensation and best illustrates our position. For what its worth Seamus, I like this approach much more than the other one you proposed! We may have to retain your services as master strategist as you seem to have all the angles! LOL

Whether the potential threat is imminent or simply brewing in the minds of extremists, the fact remains that we tend to sit on our thumbs and assume that all will be well in the end. Why not seize this opportunity and do something to improve the public's image of our chosen pastime? Too many of us, myself included, can talk, but have a hard time getting up and taking that walk to back it up.

Judging by the number of posts on this thread, there appears to be a bit of the groundswell Pat refered to in the making. Like it or not, we're all in the same boat, let's see if we can all row it in the same direction for a change. This isn't the first attempt to place unrealistic restrictions on the hobby, and it certainly won't be the last. If nothing else, we'll be better prepared when the next wingnut takes the podium.

Revenge is a dish best served cold...

With a side plate of steaming entrails,
And a nice Bordeaux!

Last edited by Wuntu Menny; 02-13-04 at 12:03 PM..
Login to remove ads