View Single Post
Old 02-13-04, 10:49 AM   #84 (permalink)
Retic chic
My comment about the literature was not directed at you personally, Pat. Rather, it was for the benefit of those who think we only bring out snakes and gators for the sensational effects.

I am aware of your position at the zoo, and can respect the fact that you also know the awesome force these snakes posess.

To go off topic, horses kill more people per year than all other animals combined, including exotics. Why is there no law to prevent the parents from buying a pony for the kids, just to have the kids cratered on the weekend? Is it because horses are considered to be more beautiful, desirable and noble than snakes? Twenty years in the livestock industry tells me there is something wrong wth the way people think.

The point you make about working together is wishful thinking. As long as there are differences of opinion and attitude within a club, and the members cannot accept the differences and move beyond that, there is no chance for solidarity to fight for a common goal.
I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, stranger, I am ungrateful to these teachers.