View Single Post
Old 02-11-04, 06:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to Classic
Unfortunately for me. My love is the tri colors. I can't see how i can ever sell as many milk snakes as what i will produce in the comming years. It would be counter productive to sell them at lower prices and flood what market there is. I think it will be impossible not to export to the USA. I'll cross that bridge when i come to it.

I have also imported from the USA. Like Jeff and Uncle Roy said above...unless you are purchasing a rare, expensive, or a large number of animals, it is not worth it. Now if i could only aheed to those rules myself.

Seriously though, your best bet. If you are looking for a single animal from the USA...speak to the breeders at one of the reptile shows and someone there may be able to help you out. It's always nice to find someone that is placing an order and will let you split on the shiping.

Another option is to combine an order with others. Be very careful though, you know someone always backs out.
If you are close to the border and an American airport that can have animals shipped to it, Ship it to that airport and go pick it up yourself. The border crossing may cause a few snags but it also may not. Its a risk but it will save you money on shipping.
Make sure you know all the rules and regulations of the state and province you will be crossing at.

Many US breeders do not like to ship to Canada because they have not done it before and do not wish to see if it will be feesible. Most of the larger breeders and brokers will without a blink.

I personally feel that buying anything off the internet is risky but on the other hand, i feel that herp breeders are mostly genuine. Maybe thats the trustful Newfie coming outta me.

Hope this helps.

Mathaldo: When and if you decide to have something shipped from the states. There are lots of ways to make sure you are makng the right decision. This was definately a good start.

Got Milks!