View Single Post
Old 02-06-04, 06:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
Gary D.

Send a message via MSN to Gary D.
You are correct that it is an increased risk, and definately could be considdered a surgical procedure which should not be taken lightly. The first five animals were done together in my vet's office. There is definately a proper way to do it and erring can have dire consequences, however I have not had a death yet.

If you are considdering investing in the equipment, I recommend contacting Cathy at AVID Canada. She has been with me on this since day one and will happily sell to breeders. I suggest not investing in a kit as such, simply acquiring a couple of "syringes", "needles" and bulk chips and sterilizing yourself, rather than spending the, money on the one time use equipment, or implantation guns. Each needle is good for about five implantations. She can also set you up with a used reader which will save you big bucks.

Gary
Have you tried the IGUANA? I hear it's great. IGUANA kabobs for all !!! EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA ... This message brought to you by ssEATYOURIGUANAss.com