View Single Post
Old 02-04-04, 09:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Gary D.

Send a message via MSN to Gary D.
I have been a strong advocate of micro chipping for a couple of years now, unfortunately it seems to have fallen on deaf ears, as has the database. I am happy to answer any questions. I have personally microchipped most all of my animals and two litters of boas.

To the best of my knowledge I have chipped more snakes than anyone else in Canada, and am the only person to micro chip all offspring.

As far as location, neonates are implanted within the body cavity, aprox two thirds of the animal's length. Adults should be chipped aprox 60-75% of the body length on the animal's left side, at the first row of dorsal scales. This is the standard set up by Bob Clark, which I choose to follow, and is consistant with standard locations for other animals, thus is most likely to be found by vetranarians.
Have you tried the IGUANA? I hear it's great. IGUANA kabobs for all !!! EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA ... This message brought to you by ssEATYOURIGUANAss.com