Thread: New website up!
View Single Post
Old 02-03-04, 03:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
Baz, to lock font sizes and the like just use Style Sheets (.css). In order to do so, make a new file in any text editing program. Make a line that looks identical to this:

.font {font-family: verdana; font-size: 70%; margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;}

For a quick explanation:

font-family Simply the font you want to use.
font-size As suggested, the font size.
margin This is the margin to be set for the text from the bottom, top, left and right of the table surrounding.

Adjust the size accordingly. The word I bolded up there, in this case 'font' can be changed to whatever you want to. This is just the variable to refer to in the HTML. To put the style sheet into effect with the HTML, simple type <p class="font"> before your text in the HTML. Again, the word font may be changed to whatever you like. If there is a section you would like to be bolded, simply add bold; to the statement. It would then look like this:

{font-family: verdana; font-size: 70%; font-weight: bold; margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;}

You will notice each selection is divided with a " ; " If there is any other commands you need to incorporate into the CSS let me know and I will you the according tag.

In order to put the CSS into effect, you need to put the following into the HTML, in the <HEAD>:

< link name="name" rel="StyleSheet" type="text/css" href="link.css" >

name may be changed to what you would like you name your stylesheet, and link is the directory to your .css file.

Hope that helped.

In the above HTML code, remove the space after the < and before the >. I had to add spaces in order for it to show in the thread.

Last edited by tHeGiNo; 02-03-04 at 03:55 PM..
Login to remove ads