View Single Post
Old 02-01-04, 11:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
Lol, the problem with our society today, is we allways get told in school to study hard, go as far as we can in studies and all. But most of us don't stop to think what it is we really want to do.

I started studies in natural sciences to become a vet, but then I got interrested in computers, changed my studies to do some in computers. I just finished a course at McGill for the Cisco CCNA and am enrolled for the MCSA course now, but right now, I also don't think I want to work in that field all my life.

I am thinking of heading back to try and get into vet school, but am 24 and already been working as a computer help desk for 4 years... once you taste to the life of working, it's hard to go back to school full time.

Anyhow, all this crap to tell people we really should think about what we want to do before we head into what everyone else want's us to study in. In the end it will save you big $$$$ and time, big $$$ meaning the time you spend changing programs in school are years you loose of salary in the end and time being the time you will have to work to get your pension...