Thread: Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 01-26-04, 01:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
Scales Zoo
Please Email Boots
This is a good thread, a lot of good information could come of this.

What Gary and Mark said, I agree with - and both are people that I would in the future, and have in the past, bought snakes from.

The internet is a double edges sword. A lot of good Canadian breeders aren't know about, and many "not so good to deal with breeders" are known about.

Just because you are known, doesn't necessarily mean you are good, and the exact opposite is also true sometimes unfortunately.

I suggest buying from someone you know and like. Someone who will talk to you on the phone, and doesn't mind re-hashing basic care info to a potential buyer is 100% better than someone who doesn't care past the sale, no matter how many animals they have for sale.

I've got a list of people I suggest to new reptile buyers, it has changed in the last 3 years, and it keeps changing almost monthly lately - haha.

Having said all of the above, 95% of my dealings have been good. It is that 1 out of 20 people that reminds you just how good the other 19 have been - so don't worry about it too much, you've got a 95% chance of picking someone good.