Pick a snake that with these characteristics.
1. Has a clam temperment right away.
2. Stays under 5'
3. Has a strong feeding responce and does not need a special diet. Will eat mice or rats and not go off food causing un-do stress to it's owner.
4. Easy to cage. Something that can live in a simple glass tank with a locking lid.
5. Has moderate temp and humidity requirments. Not something that will die of dehydration or get scale rot if the hymidity is off a bit in either direction. Something that won't get an RI if the heat pad is left off for a week by accident.
6. Looks very nice. Has nice bright attractive colours.
7. Does not cost an arm and a leg.
Name one or two snakes that you can think of that has all of these characteristics.