View Single Post
Old 01-23-04, 08:19 AM   #29 (permalink)
jwsporty

Well I just got all my babies entered into the program and I love it. I will definitely be sending you something LotusE. A few questions though

The main installation files ended up in their own directory and the icon is on the desktop. However along with the icon, I am also getting these two files being put on the desktop

FOXUSER.FPT
FOXUSER.DBF

Is this normal? If not, is there a way to overcome this and simply get them back into their own directory? Can I safely move them to their own directory and still have the program function correctly.

Here's a few more suggestions

Problem: (more than one snake of the same species yet one is an adult and the other is a juvenile)
Possible solution: (a seperate field to define the age of the animal) eg. hatchling, juvenile, sub-adult, adult.

This way the animal could be properly defined for the feeding reminders.

In my own setup I have added an extra descriptive to the latin name (eg. Lp. g. californiae & Lp g. californiae (babies) ) and then changed the feed interval. A little cumbersome but it works.

Also:

For animals that are cooled, maybe some sort of override so that these animals don't pop up in the feed reminder.

Well my reminder tells me I have to go feed a baby and get ready for work, I got 1/2 an hour...think I can make it?

Keep up the great work, I am sure everyone appreciates it.

Cheers
Jim

Last edited by jwsporty; 01-23-04 at 08:22 AM..