Thread: My small rant
View Single Post
Old 01-14-04, 10:40 PM   #64 (permalink)
Send a message via ICQ to Lisa Send a message via MSN to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Prices come down eventually otherwise they are artificialy inflated, look at dvd players. when they first came out you were looking at prices of 400 or more dollars, now you can get one for about 75$ with more features then the ones that came out years ago. Now if you spend 300 or more dollars on a dvd player it does alot more then the basic players that cost more then that years ago.... you get more for your money these days. when some one has something rare the prices goes up, when everyone and their brother has it by the gallon the price goes down to try to generate sales. But even out side of this an item is only worth what some one is willing to pay for it. for instance i'm not willing to pay much for a ball python bought from a pet chain, yet i've been willing to pay $200 for one from reptilia or a breeder like hiss and herps.

Supply has gone up, the demand for low priced snakes hasn't matched this growth in supply. As everyone has stated over and over, everyone and their brother is breeding. And as much as you think an animal should be worth there's no way it's worth that if no one is willing to pay it. You may have to work a little harder and visit some petstores, put ads on pay sites, and so on. think out side the box.
Neo-Slither (Snake fanatic mailing list) http://<br />

May you live in interesting times.