Thread: My small rant
View Single Post
Old 01-13-04, 09:10 PM   #22 (permalink)
Gary D.

Send a message via MSN to Gary D.
I understand where you are coming from, it's not about free enterprise, or about reputation, it's about fair market value. You simply want to get what your animals are worth, not make a profit or break even for that matter. It's not a matter of supply vs. demand bringing the price down, it's some guy just flogging his animals and hurting the whole hobby for it. Yes you can hold out for a month or two and prices may be back up, but you have to feed and care for your animals in the mean time. And if someone else caves you're in it for even longer. In the end people start believing that's the going rate for said animal and then the price is hurt for the long run. Even for the bigger breeders are forced to sell for less and pet stores and jobbers aren't willing to pay as much, thus it hurts the entire hobby. And yes it's definately worse for the starter species like leos, corns and even boas, than the high end herps. I sympathise.
Have you tried the IGUANA? I hear it's great. IGUANA kabobs for all !!! EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA ... This message brought to you by ssEATYOURIGUANAss.com