View Single Post
Old 01-13-04, 10:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Thumbs up hmmm...

Originally posted by sapphire_moon
Amazon tree boa, Emerald Tree boa, not pythons but they look like it. I can't tell the difference anyways! lol

--neither can I ... are those Boas that you mentioned common..? Because they sound expensive

Obviously when you want an arboreal (sp?) You want height, How tall is that tank? You also have to think of the humidity requirements. But you seem to have done your research.
--I don't have a tape measure handy, but I do know that the tank is a 70 gallon, and the approximate measurements are; 36" wide X 18" deep X 24" tall. As for the humidity, I was planning on getting some of those "ultrasonic foggers"... I know they break down alot... but the fog looks so damn cool What's the 411 on those foggers with you..?

I don't know alot about these snakes but I think all of them can get between 4-6 feet, and I think you would want something taller than that tank looks for an adult.
--Yeah, I guess for a 6 foot animal, that makes sense... what's your guesstimate on how long this tank could be used for (ie: 3 feet longish, 4, 5..?)

I Have heard that tree boa's/pythons stress really easy. But I'm not sure which one it is.
--as long as he tastes good for next Thanksgiving.. Just kidding.

Ok I'll shut up now I've probably confused you more than help you. lol.
That tank probably won't be tall enough for an adult. But I'm sure someone else will be able to help you better than me.

Good Lucky
--thanks for your help... You opened a couple of doors for me