View Single Post
Old 01-09-04, 06:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Join Date: Mar-2003
Location: Ontario Canada
Age: 58
Posts: 1,485
Bingo... It's because there are almost no legal ones in the USA.
The USA is not currently providing CITES export permits for most Australian Boids and monitors
You need paper to get paper. The USF&W won't provide export permits unless it can be proved how they got into the country(legally) to start with... Seeing how Aus, doesn't export any wildlife, most of them in North American, came by questionable means.

However if they come from Europe with a European CITES export permit, then they are legal in both the USA and Canada... and those countries can both then export them to each other or to any other country
Of course the perplexing question is how did they get from Australia to Europe?

The reality is that its easier to get export permits in some countries, than others.
Uncle Roy
Herpetology - more than a hobby
It's a Lifestyle
celebrating 26 years of herp breeding

Last edited by Stockwell; 01-09-04 at 06:43 PM..
Stockwell is offline  
Login to remove ads