View Single Post
Old 12-28-03, 09:51 PM   #25 (permalink)
Gary D.

Send a message via MSN to Gary D.
In my case, my wife is growing in dislike for my herps as my collection and it's subsequent demand on my time has grown. And no I do not trust her to care for them, however I have good friends I would trust. To ease off I have parted with some animals in the past, but that really did not solve things, just smooth things over for a while. Recently I have spent lots of time and money insulating, heating and otherwise converting a large shed in my yard to a snake room. Now she complains about me hiding out there.

But she is quite aware that, as with my motorcycle, my reptiles are a part of who I am. They were a part of my life before we married and if it were to come to it they would be a part of it after as well.
I spend much of my life trying to make her happy and dealing with her clinical depression (which she is aware of, and refuses medication for acceptable reasons), and I do love her very dearly, but I will not sacrifice who I am for anyone. If I was not happy with myself I could not be strong nor patient enough for our marriage or our family.

Wait this is turning into my rant. Anyway, be true to yourself, because that is really the only path to happiness.
Have you tried the IGUANA? I hear it's great. IGUANA kabobs for all !!! EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA ... This message brought to you by ssEATYOURIGUANAss.com
Login to remove ads