View Single Post
Old 12-24-03, 06:22 PM   #33 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to JasonBrennan Send a message via Yahoo to JasonBrennan
Damn, now I am starting to feel like one of those over protective parents or something. I change all the animals water daily. The bowls get a rinse and filled with fresh water. I scrub the bowls out weekly unless I find them actually dirty (poop or what not), then they get scrubbed upon discovery.

I don't agree with the statement that repitles don't need daily care. I feel they do need to be looked in on every day at the very least. I also work long and irregular hours (I am a warrant officer for the police department) and I have a pretty good sized collection (currently 66 reptiles, not to mention a few hundred mice and rats, the dogs, the cat, the hamsters, the rabbit...don't ask about the damn rabbit!...) I also have 4 kids and yet I still find the time to spend a couple of hours a day to tend to my is part of having pets!!! (this is just a pet peeve of mine, sorry for the mini-rant)
"To truly rescue an animal one has to provide long-term care that guarantees the animal's security for its natural life, because rescuing is more than removing an animal from a bad situation. Rescue involves restoring and preserving the animal's dignity for its natural life without stress, and this includes conserving the species as a whole for generations to come." (Brian Werner, founder TMLF / TCWR)