View Single Post
Old 12-15-03, 03:37 PM   #40 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to TheRedDragon
Poor grammar does annoy me immensely when I know the people just aren't trying, like using all CAPS, substituting to or too with 2, before with b4, forever with 4eva, etc.

I do understand that some individuals just cannot spell, my mother being one of them. She has a learning disability, and she does try her best. If I was to criticize her on her problem, I'm sure that she'd be very hurt.

I also understand when a person is trying their hardest to learn our language, and their sentences aren't exactly perfect. If I was to try and write a full sentence in French, you can gaurentee that it would be misspelt and in poor sentence form, because I'm not quite fluent in the language!

Nonetheless, my pet peeve is reading a post with the lack of knowledge of the difference between to and too, it's and its, their and there, etc.

And on a side note, for those on here that are popping a head vein over this thread, take a deep breath, maybe take up yoga or martial arts....
Erin Keller :eb:
Snakes: 2.1 Corns, 1.1 Kings, 1.0 Everglades Rat, 1.1 Spotted Pythons, 1.2 Children's Pythons, 1.2 BCIs Lizards: 0.2 Leopard Geckos, 1.3 Bibron Geckos Inverts: 2.1 Tarantulas, 0.1 Emporer Scorpion Mammals: 0.2 Kittens
Login to remove ads