Thread: Ah, love.
View Single Post
Old 12-09-03, 08:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
ChristinaM

Send a message via ICQ to ChristinaM
Well, mine is not a success story....yet....

Me and my hubby(bf, whatever you wanna call him) met in early 1997. He was the first man I was with after my first daughter's father left me. We fell in love hard and fast. Then my ex wanted to come back, so I ditched Mark and went back with an a$$ that left me again the next day. My pride would not allow me to call Mark.

We kept in touch on and off throughout the yrs. It turned into a "friends with benefits" thingy. Lots of fun, but NO commitments, no relationship. We had a 3mos relationship in late 98, then he dumped me during the xmas holidays...(payback sucks). After the initial hurt n' stuff, we went back to being "play" friends.

I found out I was pregnant with my 2nd in Oct.99. Mark was not sure he wanted to be a dad, blah blah. It was a very rocky time, I hated him for that. Our daughter was born July 00. We got back together Dec.24/00 and have been together since.

We FINALLY moved in together as of this Sept 2003. It was a looonnngggggggggg time in the coming. BUT......this was a huge step for both of us, possibly more for him. We built a house in the town I lived in. Not the city he was in. (lil bit of commitment there eh). Things are going great.

He knows I would love to get married. I've wanted to for a while. I don't think we've ever really stopped loving each other. But he is very much wary of that kind of commitment. It will happen, I just don't know when. It will happen on HIS time, when he is ready. (but seriously, a man who builds a home in his gf's town.....think bout that one).

I don't know if that's what you are looking for, but that's our story.