well the heating company came.. I watched everything.. turns out that the wiring in the house is all screwy and the furnace WAS installed correctly..the wiring was grounding on a heating duct and shorting out so the burners were on, but the blowers weren't hence the heat in the BASEMENT and not really as hot anywhere else..
I had told the landlady the wiring was faulty last year about this time when the old furnace wasn't turning on at all then would then wouldn't etc.. so now I've got a case against the complex owners.. Rental Housing Tribunal is gonna have a field day with this one.. (tons of not to code problems in my unit alone)
Sad as this sounds I'm more upset about my son not having his Xmas gifts then I am that the snakes are dead..
*good note* I just went down to check to see if they are stiff yet and they aren't.. which means (I'm hoping here, give me a break) they might not be completely dea.. just in shock
, or brain dead
. If brain dead they will be euthanized Monday (vet says I give them 48hrs to deshock).