View Single Post
Old 11-28-03, 06:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to Oliverian
Thanks guys. From what you say, I'm pretty sure she was dead.

I don't know if this means anything, but when I first got these snakes, they were housed together, and I don't know if their nutrition was right, because they would sometimes do these little head twitching things. This is supposed to be a symptom of a severe vitamin (B1 I think it is) deficiency. But, soon after I had got them, they stopped doing it. I figured the problem was fixed, and never looked back on it.

Anyways, this is all a learning experience, and you have to take the bad with the good. I'm not going to be upset about it, but learn from it and try to do a better job next time.

Hey joan, thanks. It was actually the male snake that was found under the water. I did some research, and now I know that they often do that as they don't have to breathe very often at all in brumation. I tried to disturb them as little as possible, but I didn't know better than and figured it was for the best.

On a lighter note, the male and female that did well are now together, and the male is showing definite interest in her. He flicks his tounge along her body and follows her around, but no actual mating yet. The female is definitely big enough, but the male is a bit smaller than I think he should be, and he may have to wait till next year. But he is sure trying hard! Hopefully I end up with some babies on my hands this fall. And the female has a very red-coloured back stripe, instead of the usual yellow, so i'm hoping that when she does have babies, some of them end up with this trait.

Thanks for all the reassurance. I'm glad you all are so supportive.
Tammy Rehbein
-You can search all day for something and never find it, only to see it in the most obvious of places after you've stopped looking.-