View Single Post
Old 11-26-03, 02:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to drewlowe Send a message via Yahoo to drewlowe
Yes i know from experience. They can not test it through a fecal. My leos have tested postive through a necropsy and my beardies and corns through a stomach wash.

A stomach wash should only cost around 30-40 and will not harm the animal if done by a qualified vet or vet tech. They put a small tube down to the animals stomach and pump saline in and out of the stomach around 5-7 times then on the last one they keep the liquid and they have the sample sent of to a lab and you should have results in 1-2 weeks.

Ready for this one. a positive test is always positive!!!!!
But a negative could either be a negative or a positive. Gotta love it don't ya.

Edit forgot to mention this, my beardies and corns are all good they don't have crypto. But my leos have been diagnosed with crypto from a necropsy from a leo i had put to sleep cause i couldn't watch her suffer any longer.
1.2 Bearded dragons (Login, Raven, & Jean Grey) 1.1.1 Corn snakes(Havoc,Sable, & Kink0 1.5 Leo's (Psyloke (Lucky-male) Speedball, Domino, Rouge, Siren, Elektra) 1.0 Veiled Chams (Neo), 0.1 Rose Hair T. (Night Crawler) 0.0.3 Crested Geckos (Shiva, Storm, Beast) 0.2 Kenyan Sand Boas (Tigra & Cloak)

Last edited by drewlowe; 11-26-03 at 02:36 PM..