Thread: Ontario Hydro
View Single Post
Old 11-25-03, 06:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to gargoyle Send a message via MSN to gargoyle
I agree with Corey. I switched all our bulbs to compact flourescents about a year ago and just checked the bill and have saved about a third or slightly more on usage. Covering the windows with plastic will definitely help with the heating issue... I also have the windows in my reptile room covered with it and my reptile room stays between 78-83 degrees without other heat so I use less power in there as well..

I'm also using temp control units that shut the heat sources off when they reach the potz of the animal..big difference here the heat source is only on about a third of the time.........

PS so far this new government really sucks............I have a friend that is on disability and they're talking about cutting what he gets even though he hasn't had an increase in his cost of living expense since's a hell of a lot more expensive to live now than it was back then!
1.0 Sulcatta,1.0 Miami Phase Corn, 1.1 Malaysian Bloods, 1.1 Cali Kings, 2.0 San Matias Rosy Boas, 0.1 El Rosario Rosy, 1.1 Rosy boas (unknown local), 1.0 BCI,1.1 BRB's, 1.3 Fat tails, 3.5 leos and eggs cooking!