Thread: Reptile skin
View Single Post
Old 11-11-03, 01:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Of course itís style these days, but snake skin was originally used out of necessity. I am not against the use of snake skin, but am completely against any wasteful death. I would have a problem with any snakes being slaughtered just for the skin, but if the meat is being used as food and the skins for leather goods then itís ok by me, so long as the species is not in danger. For example, I see no problem with taking WDB from TX for food and leather. The snakes are plentiful and reproducing every year I great numbers. I do have a problem with EDB being harvested from FL. Their numbers are way down and females only produce every other year.
__________________ 2.2 Crotalus adamanteus. 2.2 Crotalus h. atricaudatus. 2.2 Crotalus h. horridus. 1.1 Agkistrodon p. piscivorus. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. contortrix. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. mokasen. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. laticinctus. 1.1 Agkistrodon c. pictigaster. Agkistrodon c. phaeogaster. 1.2 Sistrurus miliarius barbouri. 1.1 Micrurus fulvius. 0.0.1 Micrurus fulvius tenere