Thread: First aid kits?
View Single Post
Old 11-11-03, 10:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
eyespy
Member
 
eyespy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep-2002
Posts: 2,125
Gloves, yes, but not latex. Up to 18% of the population is allergic to natural rubber latex and those gloves can trigger anaphylactic shock similar to bee sting or peanut allergies. Vinyl or nitrile are the new standard of care.

I speak from experience here, having been rescuscitated 15 times due to latex exposure triggering cardiorespiratory arrest. I've met reptiles that have latex allergies too, so it's a good idea to avoid using items made of natural rubber around herps.

Syrup of ipecac and activated charcoal are good things to have in case of accidental poisoning.
__________________
The Zombie Mama is here!

http://www.thebeardedlady.org
eyespy is offline