View Single Post
Old 11-07-03, 09:20 AM   #14 (permalink)
Send a message via ICQ to Syst3m
Originally posted by lordkovacs
why point out someone's spelling errors? I'm sure that makes someone feel really confident in themselves. That's just ignorant.

I think you should pursue whatever makes you happy. I personally went through University and Teacher's college because I knew that's what I wanted to do...not because I felt I had to. Sure there is a lot of pressure to attend postsecondary school, but a tradeworker for instance is a profitable and respectable position, if that's what you like. They require highschool. In fact, sadly enough, most tradeworkers make more money than I do as a teacher! So, it's incorrect to say that college = more money all the time. So I disagree with a few people above.

Cheers, and good luck!

As far as spelling errors go, it was just comedical that a post about someone saying they were not sure if they needed to go on to higher education was rife with spelling errors.

Second, they only way most trade workers make more then you do is if they work 10-12 hours a day 6-7 days a week and had to put in 7-10 years as in "training" to do their job.

Not to mention they don't get a summer break. Or half the holidays or benifits that a most people who teach do.

You can say the grass is always greener on the other side, at least until you see your friend get his hand ripped off by a boring mill.

Higher education, at least when applied correctly will almost always lead to a higher quality life, maybe not by pure dollars but health, and stress levels will be better then those who work their lives away to earn what someone who has a degree can make working 40 a week.
Snakes? I just like to teraform!