View Single Post
Old 09-08-02, 07:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Former Moderator no longer active
Join Date: Feb-2002
Location: Christchurch
Posts: 10,251
If it is a CITES lited animal then you will need to obtain permits (on both ends of the sale) and not just simply bring it across the border with you. There will be lots of paperwork involved in this as well and which can take some time. If it isn't CITES listed it shouldnt present too much of an issue bringing it across, it may have to have it inspected by a Fish and Wildlife official.

In Canada it is illegal to own native species therefore it would defintiely present a problem trying to bring one across the border.
Linds is offline