View Single Post
Old 10-29-03, 07:04 AM   #83 (permalink)
killer Cichlidz
Send a message via AIM to killer Cichlidz Send a message via MSN to killer Cichlidz
Geko, this topic is pretty damn good I tell you that, and now that everyone has joined in in an effort to help you out and give their opinions its pretty cool that people actually care and do reply.

Here is my .02 >>>>> Breeding snakes is fun, really fun and the most a breeder will get out of it is the pure enjoyment of doing something they love..........NOT THE MONEY.........Big breeders who actually do, do this for a living don't have just snakes...........they have shops maybe in one or more locations in the world and they really only specialize in a few breeds of snakes.

The rest like supplies, feed, other animals come from wholesalers that the owners purchase from. If a breeder only has snakes ( a few species) then they are really having to work a 9 to 5 job.

My point is, a pet shop is probably the easiest way to go if you are planning to go big with reps. and even then you need to have other critters. Although MONEY is involved in this also you have to work your way up.......little by little (just like Pop always says).

This way by having a petshop, you can supply everyone (public and internet) with much more than just snakes and a variety of things to choose from, especially other herps and mammals.

If you decide to take this road, you may be working at your petshop with a 16 or 17 year old kid who loves animals too "I wanna open a petshop one day", and by the time you know it you'll be at home getting calls for orders, not even worring about your shop. But is takes time and money and 100% detemination to get to these points.

After you business is steady you would already be breeding your snakes and making money on them......The truth behing less money is more in Bulk.........and thats what petshop owners do.

I honestly see to it that the only way you could make a living off snakes..............well and many other to open a really nice shop........or become a herpatologist <<<<I am going for>>>> or secret venom from the worlds deadliest in a lab.

Hope this helps a little,

Email me, Message Me with any Q's