View Single Post
Old 10-27-03, 08:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to Invictus
I'm sorry to hear that you are not having a good time at the pet store you work at, Dawn. Erin and I both work at a pet store here, which is exclusively fish, reptiles, and inverts. Our boss gives us pretty much free reign to do what we need to do to keep the reptiles healthy. He's allowing us to bring in a bottle of Nix just to be safe. We change around the herp room as WE see fit. We take items off the shelf when needed to set up new arrivals. He recognizes that Erin and I do NOT give empty advice to customers, and if we tell them that they are going to end up with a dead snake when they put their king snakes together or feed their BP a live rabbit, it's because the customer needed to hear it. And yes, she and I are working hard to save the evil pet store from itself - and thus far, we have improved the conditions many times over, and will continue to d so until the herp room at our store is as well kept as our herp room at home.

And, lo and behold, I like it a HELL of a lot more than my white collar day job.

I just wanted to say that not all pet stores are the same - some care about the animals, even if just from a business perspective - a dead, sickly looking animal DOES NOT SELL.
- Ken LePage