View Single Post
Old 09-03-02, 08:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kurzix's Avatar
Join Date: Aug-2002
Location: Detroit Area
Age: 40
Posts: 317
Send a message via ICQ to Kurzix Send a message via AIM to Kurzix Send a message via Yahoo to Kurzix
Exclamation Importing Animals into the USA

well I hope this is a better place for this info...seeing as I don;t think too many people really read the show info, and certainly no one posts there. so here is what I have learned so far.

IF you are importing into the USA from Canada via Michigans borders, you need to contact the the Tunnel, Bridge or ferry, you will be using. IE Ambassader Bridge, Blue Water Bridge, etc.

Since I will be using the Blue Water Bridge, I found them on the Michigan Department of transportation's web site,1607,...2065--,00.html

thats the site specificly for the Blue Water Bridge, but other crossing are easily found from there.

I then called the number for U.S. Department of Agriculture, Animal Plant Health Inspection Service, and they told me for live animals I need to call a Dr Brown, who is the Vet in charge. His hours are 8:30am to 4:00pm EST. And I will be contacting him tomorrow. REmember all this is only if you intend to use the Blue Water Bridge from Sarnia, Ontario to Port Huron, Michigan

I will update this as I get more info Stay tuned
Kurzix is offline  
Login to remove ads