Looks very much like a young black racer and, odds are, that's exactly what they have there. What hammerheads! A recent pigmy envenomation here in Tampa at a schoolyard received a lot of attention and no doubt had a role in the "playing up" of this incident. Sadly, (and obviously) rescue workers were not educated in the native herps. I see problems for them in the future. See the kid sticking his finger in the dead snake's mouth?!! Imagine if it WAS a pigmy?! They actually said the snake, supposedly a pigmy rattlesnake, was "too young to be poisonous". I could have choked when I heard that-- not seeing the actual snake at first. Who decided to give the youngster a "souvenir" of a (supposedly) dangerous animal? Idiots!