View Single Post
Old 10-18-03, 03:11 AM   #21 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to ReptiZone Send a message via Yahoo to ReptiZone
Well I have ben biten from a few animals.

I cary all of them as badges of experiance and lessons learned the hard way.

I have ben biten and whiped buy countles Iguanas biten buy corns,kings,rat snakes for no perticulare reason or for feeding mistakes a bit of both. a few ball pythons got the best of me countles baby burms got ther teeth in me.

The most remeberd bites that I have recived were:

#1) A 3 foot water monitor that need to be given his wormer medicine well when I caught it, it caught me needles to say I did not need to pry the mouth open in any way shape or form. I hurt prety bad. you see you are not the one that takes that monitor off it lets you go when it feals safe to to so and some times they don't let go till they give you some nice and hard chopms to see you on youe way. It was blue and swolen for a week.

#2) A 4 foot green anaconda got the best of me on cleaning day. this was hen I did not know how to use a hook verry well so I did not use them at all needles to say this Anaconda was a verry good teacher and Now I can use a hook with resonable acuarsy.

#3) A 6 foot dumerils Boa they can pack a punch even if it don't look like they can. it was a feeding mistake a Verry Bad mistake
there was 2 in the same cage and I was suposed to seperat them B4 feeding well I forgot that day and I prepared the food and I had all ready started to feed in the room so I desided I wold distract one buy feeding it so That could remove the other with out worring about the other cause it would be feeding. well needles to say that did not work out as pland and I got hit on my right hand buy the one I was trying to feed to distract. I t was almost a hospital job.

#4) A 8 foot boa (BCI) did not like that fact that I was coming to take her water so she let me know. LOL no I think it hapend because I may have moved to fast in front of her face well I did not know where her face was I saw a buldge under the news paper but did not know where the face was facing well I learnd faster then I thaught I and I did not have to move the paper what do ya know lol. it was a defencive bit so it happend so fast I did not have time to feal pain but the blood spoke for it self I was bleeding for about a hour on and off basicly if I took the bresure off it bled but it stoped not to long after an hour and I could count the teeth marks man you can realy fit a bunch of teeth in a Boas

#5) I was hit realy hard one day while I was puting water dishes back It was a 9 foot burm. I did not wash my hands properly and when I put the water bowl back he smeled food and reacted well now I had a 9 foot burm atached t me and could not move it in to much shock to realise the animal was starting to constrict my uperbody ibcludidng my chest and neck area it was more or less perched there but I knew it was a mater of time that as soon as I would start to fight back to remove it, it would start to contstrict it was anchord in it's cage on a branch so I could not realy move the more I moved the more I felt the squese I knew If I paniked it was gona hurt and not Maby. I looked for the bleach bottel and could not see it and then I took it apon my self to try and suprise the animal hoping that if it realised that it bit of more then it could chew it would let go. with that thaught I to my left hand and hooked it right in the ribs and prayed it would be enugh beacaus I knew if it wasent the after effects were could go realy wrong.
The snake let go and I went to the emergensy room to get checked no stitch were needed a few puncture wounds are still kicking around on my hand but that dosen't bother me.

All in all I had a rough rode to get where I am today but I took every bit with the message and teachings that the animal gave me and now I still get biten but nothing like what is was 4 years ago not even as bad as 2 years ago. Along with all thows I was biten buy a bunch of baby crocodilians and a few difrent geckos and such.

Marc Doiron
0.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons,