View Single Post
Old 10-17-03, 03:23 PM   #25 (permalink)
Don't get me wrong here, I'm opposed to this group of whackos as much as I'm opposed to the pedophile groups (well maybe not THAT much) but in the same way I don't see them as a political threat. No one is listening to them. There is a weird minority of people that want to make these huge changes to the law but it ain't gonna happen. I chose to use extreme comparisons because there are all kinds of groups that, no matter how hard they try, aren't politically relevant and these "animals are people too" morons are in that catagory. They make a lot of noise but have no power. Fight the bogey man all you want but it's a waste of time. I don't think I'm oversimplifying at all, I've asked for specific examples of how our freedom to posess animals has been threatened and you don't have any. I'm against the idea in principle and for now that's all it is, a silly idea some small crowd of flakey people support. When it comes to a real law that gives equal rights to animals and people then I'll take to the streets with you, you won't have to recruit me or convince me. I'm just taking this fruity idea for what it is: nonsense.
I feel a little light headed... maybe you should drive...
Login to remove ads