View Single Post
Old 10-14-03, 09:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Former Moderator no longer active
Join Date: Feb-2002
Location: Christchurch
Posts: 10,251
I don't use bleach for the most part in any of my practices. I refuse to use bleach on wood and the like due to its extremely porous nature. I'm aware that most viruses are host specific. Viruses are usually short-lived, but some are not. Some can become dormant. I have absolutely no idea what was living in the wood and rock pieces I have, but it would be a shame to waste them if indeed they could've been used as they are really quite nice. I'm just wondering how resistent most pathogens and whatnot are to heat (~250-300 degrees)...
Linds is offline