View Single Post
Old 10-13-03, 08:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to JasonBrennan Send a message via Yahoo to JasonBrennan
I have a fairly large collection (not the biggest on the forum, but not the smallest either). With around 130 reptiles to care for, plus 4 dogs, 1 cat, 1 rabbit (that is not snake food....don't ask), who knows how many mice and are not something I have time for. My wife and kids went to Ohio to visit family for 3 weeks, but I could not go.

Normally my wife and I take care of all the animals, and I also have a younger brother (20 years old) that lives with us who helps alot. I am sure some of you have seen pics of him in the "enclosure showcase" section of this site (converting a closet into a multi unit cage).

It is just a trade off you have to be willing to take...if you want a large collection (or even a small to medium collection for that matter), you have to be ready to spend a lot of time caring for those animals.
"To truly rescue an animal one has to provide long-term care that guarantees the animal's security for its natural life, because rescuing is more than removing an animal from a bad situation. Rescue involves restoring and preserving the animal's dignity for its natural life without stress, and this includes conserving the species as a whole for generations to come." (Brian Werner, founder TMLF / TCWR)